Friday, November 13, 2009

The High Fidelity Trap


091120091924
Cargado originalmente por Haemmboerger
On my way back to Hamburg, first day (Barcelona to Zurich,  Sept. 22, 2009). I was driving along, some highway in France, pretty much devastated. In my head though I created a list, a list of lovers long gone (and thought about if I had treated them properly and what they would be doing right now).

an hour or so after that I realized, that I had fallen into the "High Fidelity" trap. I laughed so hard, and for a good bit the heartache disappeared. Thanks Nick H. for writing such a great piece and thanks Conor W. (who suggested I should read that book in like 1998)! :-)

So, 6 weeks later, in Hamburg...

I went to the Abaton Restaurant to meet B., which wanted to surprise me. She only said "well, since you do speak ok english, we might as well do something bilingual." I love surprises!

You probably can understand my joy, when I got to know that we'd be going to a Nick Hornby Reading (for "Juliet, naked"). well, not only joy, kind of a flashback too, since I of course immediately thought of me "falling into the High Fidelity" trap a few weeks earlier ;)

The reading was a great pleasure. well, and fun too ;)

N.H. about women constantly needing to talk: "women always need to catch up. Strange, while I never feel left behind".

and the talks about Jedward and "X-Factor" and his comment, that Jedward are oirish and not brits, got the audience roaring with laughter.

anyhow, thanks again to B. for the fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment